Oklahoma City, OK – Three more state/federal Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) are opening in Oklahoma, in the cities of Sapulpa (Creek County), Stillwater (Payne County), and Henryetta (Okmulgee County).

The centers will offer in-person support to Oklahoma homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained damage or losses during the severe storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes and flooding between May 7 and June 9, 2019.

The center in Okmulgee County will only be open for three days.

The centers in Creek County and Payne County will be open until further notice.

Recovery specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) will be at the centers to talk about assistance and to help anyone who needs guidance in filing an application. The centers will be at the following location:

Okmulgee County

Henryetta Fire Department Classroom

1804 N.E. 4th Street

Henryetta, OK 74437


Three days only

Tuesday (June 25): 10 a.m. -7 p.m.

Wednesday–Thursday (June 26-27): 7 a.m.-7 p.m.

Closes COB on Thursday, June 27

Creek County

Creek County Commissioners Ballroom

317 East Lee Avenue

Sapulpa, OK 74066

Opening: Saturday, June 22

Hours: Daily 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Until further notice

Payne County

Stillwater Community Center

315 West 8th Street

Stillwater, OK 74074

Opening: Tuesday, June 25

Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Until further notice

If possible, homeowners, renters and businesses should contact their insurance company and register with FEMA before visiting a recovery center. Registration is available in the following ways:

Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
Phone 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app.

The following information is helpful when registering:

Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
Current mailing address.
Current telephone number.
Insurance information.
Total household annual income.
Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.

The designated counties for eligible applicants are Canadian, Cherokee, Creek, Delaware, Kay, Le Flore, Logan, Mayes, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Payne, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Sequoyah, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington.

Individual Assistance for homeowners and renters can include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repairs and other serious disaster-related expenses not met by insurance or other assistance programs.

Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration are available to businesses, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters to cover residential and business losses as a result of the disaster. Applicants can visit their nearest disaster recovery center for one-on-one assistance or apply online using SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.

In addition, applicants can get more information on SBA disaster assistance by calling SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955, by visiting www.sba.gov/disaster, or by emailing

disastercustomerservice@sba.gov. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call 800-877-8339.

Find out more at https://www.fema.gov/okmit and https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4438. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/femaregion6 and the FEMA Blog at http://blog.fema.gov.

# # #