News -:- Obituaries -:- Video -:- Weather -:- Sports -:- Contact Us -:- Lifestyles

Perkins Man Accused Of Domestic Violence Freed On $100,000 Bail

Ordered To Have No Contact With Alleged Victim


(Stillwater, Okla.) -- A Perkins man has been freed on $100,000 bail on charges of breaking his girlfriend's nose and left eye socket, firing a Glock pistol, and possessing methamphetamine, all on July 25 at their residence.

Brandon Dean Munier, 25, has been ordered to have no contact with his alleged victim as a condition of the bond he posted this week. He is due appear in court on Aug. 13 when he can ask for a preliminary hearing.

If convicted of domestic abuse by aggravated assault and battery, discharging a firearm while committing domestic abuse, and possessng methamphetamine, Munier could be given a 30-year prison term.

The day after the alleged abuse, his girlfriend obtained an emergency protective order. She wrote in court documents that she had a broken nose, a broken eye socket, three staples on the top of her head, and various bruises, cuts and scrapes -- as well as a shoe print bruise on her forehead.

In her petition for a protective order, she wrote, "On Wednesday morning around 1-1:30 a.m. Brand Munier took my phone and looked through the text messages," then began hitting her repeatedly.

"Brandon then went back to the bedroom and got one of his pistols. Brandon told me he was going to shoot me. He fired one round somewhere in the room.

"I was laying in the floor by the bedroom door and my phone was in the floor not far from me. He then shot my phone with the pistol," before trying to shove the phone in her mouth, her petition alleged.

"He then took the pistol and started hitting me with it on my head. He picked up a shoe and beat me all over my face with it. He then kicked me in my ribs and my head several times.

"He also choked me. He told me that I deserved this and that I deserved to die. He told me if I tried to leave he would kill me.

"He grabbed me by my ankle and was trying to drag me into the bedroom. At one point when I was on the floor, he was sitting on the coffee table, smoking a cigarette, telling me I deserved this.

"He also took a picture of me laying in the floor bleeding and told me to send it to one of my friends...I told him that I needed to go to the hospital and he said why.

"I then made it to the bedroom and laid down on the bed. He sat on the side of the bed texting someone for 20 or 30 minutes, then turned out the light and lay down. I didn't move.

"I drifted off to sleep and woke up to someone banging on the door. Then I saw lights shining through the bedroom window. I told Brandon that someone was here.

"Then they burst through the door and came to the bedroom. We both raised our hands. I was treated some by ambulance personnel, but refused transport.

"My aunt came and picked me up and took me to the emergency room. I was checked out and have a broken nose, the socket around my left eye is broken and (I have) three staples in the top of my head," she wrote in her petition.

"I need this protective order to keep him away from me," she wrote.


News | Obituaries | Video | Weather | Sports | Contact Us | Lifestyles
© 2017 StillwaterNews.Net™ is a trademark of Kelly Media, LLC - All rights reserved
Site designed and developed by Sam Ninety Web Development